- The May Patch Tuesday updates have arrived, as well as the latest update-related issues.
- As of now, Windows 10 version 1909 and 1903 are the latest versions of Windows 10.
- All of this will change on May 28 when Microsoft will release Windows 10 version 2004.
- If you’d like to read more about this exciting topic, visit our dedicated Patch Tuesday page.
Tuesday’s May Patch updates have just arrived, but it seems like not everyone has a chance to get it.
Several users have reported having problems installing the new update, particularly those running Windows 10 versions 1909 and 1903 that received cumulative update KB4556799.
An user declared that:
Cumulative Update 2020-05 for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4556799) Error 0x800f0831.
Also, DISM.exe / Online / Cleanup-image / Restorehealth hits 99.4% and stops.
Other users reported that they too have similar issues with not being able to update, only they are getting a different error code:
When I try to install the update it tells me:
2020-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64 Modified Systems (KB4556799)
I have my windows in Spanish but they are cumulative updates
Users can follow some troubleshooting steps to stop this problem.
While it may be one of the first times users faced error code 0x800f081f, we cannot say the same about error code 0x80070308. Apparently, this is a problem that has plagued Windows 7 users in the past as well.
However, these types of errors are so common that many solutions have been found over time to fix them. these include:
- Run the Windows update troubleshooter
- Stop the windows update service from the Task Manager
- Delete all files in the folder C: WindowsSoftwareDistributionDownload
- Resetting Windows Update Service and more …
One thing worth mentioning is that both errors occurred while updating through the Windows Update menu. However, note that Patch Tuesday updates can also be downloaded through the Windows Update Catalog or the Windows Server Update Service.
We have also written an article that has direct download links to each cumulative update, as well as a short changelog for each of them.
In general, those who managed to install the new update should now enjoy improved security, especially since Microsoft introduced a new feature that filters the application base with its reputation.
Furthermore, gamers should also see a boost to their system with the new Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 2.7.
What is your opinion on this new update for Windows 10 version 1909 and 1903?
Please let us know if you have discovered any other issues by leaving us a message in the comment section below.